Symbyax contains a combination of fluoxetine and olanzapine. Fluoxetine is an antidepressant belonging to a group of drugs called selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs). Olanzapine is an antipsychotic medication. These drugs affect chemicals in the brain. Symbyax is used to treat depression.
Symbyax overcomes the symptoms of low mood and mood off conditions. Fluoxetine and Olanzapine is the medicament present in the Symbyax. It also cures in sadness, loneliness, and hopeless conditions. Olanzapine is an Antipsychotic drug and Fluoxetine is an Antidepressant drug. It affects all the chemicals in the brain. Symbyax is available in our stock.
Symbyax is basically used for the management of depression caused by bipolar disorder. Symbyax contains a combination of Fluoxetine and Olanzapine. Fluoxetine is an antidepressant belongs to a group of drugs called selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs). Olanzapine is an Antipsychotic drug, it affect chemicals in the brain. Depression is a condition in which low mood and mood off can affect the person’s thoughtful behavior and feeling. Depressed people can feel sad, anxious, empty, worried helpless and hopeless. Symbyax inhibit the reuptake of the Serotonin, Norepinephrine, and Dopamine. These chemicals are responsible for its enhanced antidepressant effect
Indications of Symbyax
- Symbyax is indicated in the acute treatment of resistant depression.
- This medicine is also used in the treatment of manic disorder (over excited).
Drug interactions of Symbyax
These are those drugs that alter the effects of Symbyax when they are consuming in combination;
- Any medicines treat psychological illness interacts with Symbyax.
- Antidepressant drugs- Amitriptyline, Nortriptyline, Doxepin, Nefadozone
- Migraine headache medicines – Amlotriptan, Frovatriptan, Sumatriptan, Naratriptan and Zolmitriptan.
- Antiepileptic medicines- Carbamazepine, Pimozide and Phenytoin
Contraindications of Symbyax
In some medical conditions this medicine is prohibited;
- It is contraindicated in children younger than 10 years.
- This medicine is also contraindicated in pregnant lady because it causes trouble in new born.
- Symbyax is not given to breastfeeding women because Fluoxetine and Olanzapine can pass out into breast milk and may harm to the baby.
- If you are hypersensitive to Fluoxetine and Olanzapine, avoid consumption of Symbyax.
Storage conditions of Symbyax
Symbyax should be stored under below mentioned conditions;
- Symbyax kept at room temperature 300 C.
- Symbyax should be Stored away from moisture and heat.
In case of missed dose of Symbyax
Administer the missed dose when you remember. Leave out the missed dose and start again regularly.
Don’t take the 2 doses of Symbyax at the same time.
In case of overdose of Symbyax
In case of worsening symptoms of Symbyax immediately take medical help from your doctor or physician.
Symptoms of overdosing of Symbyax are agitation, hostility, anxiety, panic attack and difficulty with sleep.